“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with their song still in them.” - Henry David Thoreau Click To Tweet
If you’ve been a part of the personal development, self-help or personal growth community for any period of time, there’s no doubt you’ve become familiar with mantras, affirmations and positive quotes.
These are the phrases that resonate with us and help us face whatever situation we’re dealing with.
Doreen has “go-to” affirmations and mantras when she needs to be encouraged, inspired, motivated, comforted, focused, strong and the list goes on.
This episode centers on her go-to quote by Henry David Thoreau. It’s one of her favorites and helps her stay focused. She speaks this out loud whenever she needs a reminder to stay in action and do what needs to be done – even when she doesn’t feel like it.
She dissects this quote and invites you to reflect on each part to see how these words can impact how you see the world – and how you take charge to create the future of your dreams.
Quotes:“We are always in choice!” - @DoreenRainey Click To Tweet “Give yourself permission to go get more.” - @DoreenRainey Click To Tweet “Everything you have already done is part of the journey.” - @DoreenRainey Click To Tweet
- 5:39 – The first decision she made when she learned the quote
- 6:47 – “We are always in choice!” – @DoreenRainey
- 16:16 – The three tips if you have some areas of quiet desperation
- 16:27 – First tip: To accept and be okay with wanting more
- 17:56 – “Give yourself permission to go get more.” – @DoreenRainey
- 18:07 – Second Tip: Identify the real vision
- 19:27 – “Everything you have already done is part of the journey.” – @DoreenRainey
- 19:51 – Third Tip: Figure out and decide
- 20:30 – Her story after graduating from undergrad and wanting to become a lawyer.
- 21:40 – Decide if you are dealing with an ocean liner or a speedboat.
Subscribe to RADICAL Success!
Define success for yourself and get the guts to go after it: Doreenrainey.com